for raising specific elements for a tactile experience.
Advantages of Embossing
- Can emboss on almost any paper for high flexibility.
- Tactile feel – the raised elements of the print provides dimensional depth
- Brand protection- The process not easily duplicatable.
- Separates your brand from others.
Limitations of Embossing
- Cost prohibitive – Starting cost of $400
- Cannot print and emboss at the same time. We use the “blind emboss” method.
- If embossing on top of pre-printed art it’s difficult for the image to register closely to the emboss.
- Cannot print too thin – .5pt minimum
- Type limitations: avoid text sizes less than 8-10pt
File Preparation for Embossing
- Vector art required with the cut line in 100% black ink with minimum .5pt thickness
- The ideal file is InDesign with emboss as 1 layer and print another layer. Vector files a must.
- If you only have PDFs, send the emboss file as a separate file in 100% black.
Time and cost for Embossing
Embossing costs can vary greatly depending on artwork and size. The smaller the size, the cheaper the magnesium die.
Just 1: Pricing starts at $400 for embossing only.
100: for business cards with embossing only, budget around $500
1000: for business cards with only embossing, budget around $650
Standard 5-7 business days depending on quantity and printing specs.
1-day turnaround extreme rush options available depending on production schedule.
This is packed with info to help you make smart choices for your project.
Real custom printing for people that know that presentation matters.
Open from 9am - 6pm | Monday - Friday
© 2018 Nonstop Printing, Inc.
6226 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90038
MEET NONSTOP PRINTING