for an elegant look with high value.
What is perfect binding?
Perfect Binding is one of our most popular methods of binding multipage documents. It gives your project a premium feel and is a more economical way to have a coffee table book like feel. We can bind up to 2 inches in thickness and you can mix and match different types of paper throughout the book to provide a custom feel.
One major disadvantage of perfect binding is that images that spread from the left side of the page to the right side will lose the middle portion due to the binding edge. Place important text and images at least .5″ away from the spine.
- At scale, one of the more economical bindings
- Great for high page count projects. Books up to 250 pages can be bound
- Great presentation. This type of binding allows you to confidently place your book on a coffee table.
- Special gatefolds and foldouts are possible
- Using different papers within the same book is feasible.
- Printable spine
- Great longevity as long as there isn’t high usage for the book.
- Glue binding is strong for several uses but not ideal for high usage.
- Glue binding is more sensitive to extreme temperatures. Avoid leaving in the car.
- Not compatible for thick papers on the interior of the book.
- “Cross Overs” are not ideal. Cross over images are images/text that span from the page of the book to the right page.
- Does not lay flat at all.
- No minimum thickness. Max thickness is 2 inches.
- Note: We define 1 page as a numbered page in a novel
- Send your final print file in single page format, not spreads.
- Bleeds should extend 0.125″ on all sides
- Outside margins should extend .25″ inside the document.
- Position your critical images and text away from the spine. The interior spine margin should be .625 or larger for easy reading.
Just 1: Pricing starts at $75 for binding only.
100: binding roughly $2/book
1000: roughly $1.10/book
4-10 business days depending on quantity and printing specs.
Same day rush turnaround for perfect bound books available for low quantities
This is packed with info to help you make smart choices for your project.
Need help deciding which option fits the best? No prob! Let’s get the conversation started!
Real custom printing for people that know that presentation matters.
Open from 9am - 6pm | Monday - Friday
© 2018 Nonstop Printing, Inc.
6226 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90038
MEET NONSTOP PRINTING