Staple Saddle Stitch Binding
- Economical binding
- Great for images that take the full width of a spread.
- Can lay flat when fully opened
- Great for booklets with 60 pages or less with thin paper
- Special gatefolds and foldouts are possible
- Multicolor options: We have silver, copper, red, white, blue, black colored staples to keep your booklet looking fresh.
- Weaker bind. with heavy use, the staples will eventually come apart
- The more pages in a book, the more of an issue “creep” becomes.
- A limited amount of paper variations within a book.
- No printable spine
- Thickness limitation: documents thicker than 1/8″ to 1/4″ likely will not bind well with this method
- Note: We define 1 page as a numbered page in a novel.
- Staple saddle stitch books are made by folding a larger sheet in half then stapling. Therefore, 1 sheet can hold 4 pages. Your document needs to be a multiple of 4 pages.
- Send your final print file in single page format, not printer spreads.
- Bleeds should extend 0.125″ on all sides
- Margins should extend .25″ inside the document.
- With large page counts, make the margin larger as you go towards the middle of the book. A good rough number is to have your margins at .375″
This is packed with info to help you make smart choices for your project.
Need help deciding which option fits the best? No prob! Let’s get the conversation started!
Real custom printing for people that know that presentation matters.
Open from 9am - 6pm | Monday - Friday
© 2018 Nonstop Printing, Inc.
6226 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90038
MEET NONSTOP PRINTING